Authors: Jim Merse & Lena Lache, Purple Day® Every Day Blog Editors
Nearly 1000 people have registered for Purple Day® Every Day’s annual epilepsy education conference – learn more about speaker sessions and what to expect!
Registration is open with just one month to go before the best epilepsy education conference. With a theme of “Homeschooled!” we are bringing more epilepsy education sessions to you than ever before. Check out our growing list of speaker sessions, all focused on specific key areas of epilepsy education.
- Coach Caprice O’Bryant, Fitness Expert, Entrepreneur & Author, will hold daily warm–ups in support of Lace Up For Epilepsy to get us moving and ready to learn
- Dr. Dan Freidman of NYU Langone School of Medicine will discuss epilepsy and technology, homeschooling us on the latest options out there and how it can help you manage your epilepsy lifestyle
- Pamela Kelly, US VA Acting ECoE National Administrative Director, will homeschool us on what the VA currently offers Veterans with epilepsy
- Purple Day(R) Every Day Brigid Fennessy Baffico, a music teacher, will discuss the importance of education in epilepsy
- Dana Simmons, PhD, a neurobiologist, microscopy Artist & medical writer will help us find meaning through science art
- Dr. Eric Kossoff of Johns Hopkins Children’s Center will homeschool us on ketogenic diet basics and how it may help people with epilepsy
- Our keynote session features Dr. Rob Trobliger of Northeast Regional Epilepsy Group and centers on epilepsy and mental health
- Kim Davidson CEO of BC Epilepsy Society and founder of I AM A VOICE for Epilepsy Awareness™ takes on global advocacy
- Jamie Wissinger, Blogger, Podcaster and Epilepsy Advocate will share five mindset tips for managing epilepsy
- Eric Carter, author of young adult book series, Chance Dawson Stories, will be introducing Chance Dawson, a fictional character, who represents people with epilepsy.
- Tammy Smits Sommer and McKinley, Purple Day® Everyday Day Ambassadors, be homeschooling us on The Great Purple Cupcake Project and how YOU can get involved
Other leading organizations across the epilepsy spectrum will host virtual booths on various epilepsy topics! These organizations include: Danny Did Foundation, 4 Paws for Ability, The Epilepsy Store, Brain and Life, Chelsea Hutchison Foundation, Seizure Tracker, CURE, PAME, Matthews Friends, Hannahtopia, TS Alliance, Capabilities, BC Epilepsy, Practical Neurology, Dup15Q Alliance, The Charlie Foundation, Epilepsy Association, Purple Day® Everyday, Dravet Foundation, Purple Day Asia.
In addition to these great sessions, our Presenting Sponsor, Eisai Inc., will bring us two important sessions on hot topics in epilepsy from their perspective.
If you or someone you know is ready to get HOMESCHOOLED on epilepsy, register today for Purple Day Around The World Virtual Epilepsy Education Conference.