< NAGOYA >
◾️Title: Purple Day RUN & WALK (This will be the 3rd Purple Day in Nagoya, with the first Purple Day Megan participating)
Focus of 2017 Nagoya Purple Day: “RUN & WALK in Meijiro Park”!
Date: March 26, 2017
Time & Location asf:
Part 1: 1pm – 3pm @ Meijo Park, a beautiful place (reception desk opens at 12pm)
Part 2: 3pm – 4pm @ Aichi Gakuin University (Meijiro Campus Kinshachi Dining)
◾️Additional content detail:
Event Part 1: Everyone walking, running or moving at their own pace, while challenging themselves to a fun Quiz Rally
Event Part 2:
– Holding a brief lecture on epilepsy
– Performance by the popular Japanese idol group, “OS ☆ U” on Aichi Gakuin University campus
Post Event: We will set up a consultation corner by epilepsy specialists etc. Please tell us which specialist you prefer at the reception (In case of a very high number of preferences for any particular specialist, there will be a raffle to decide)
– Please join us wearing purple clothes (in addition, Purple Day T-shirts will be sold on the event date)
– It is not necessary to contact us in advance (event is free and we want to maximize participation). However, we would greatly appreciate an advance inquiry to one of the following contacts to express your participation.
– 052-741-8900（Health-care Corporation Fukuchi-kai, Mental Health Support Center）
– firstname.lastname@example.org（Nationwide Seminar Head Office for Epileptic Rehabilitation）
Nationwide Epileptic Rehabilitation Research, Healthcare Corporation Fukuchi-Kai
Aichi Prefecture, Nagoya City, Aichi Prefectural Board of Education, Nagoya City Board of Education
◾️Also, on the day prior to Purple Day, Mach 25th several informative talks dealing with epilepsy will be offered.
Date: Saturday, March 25, 2017
Time: 2pm – 4pm
Venue: Sakae Gas Building 5th Floor, Sakae Gas Hall, Nagoya Japan
Head of Healthcare Corporation Fukuchi-ka Dr. Toshihiko Fukuchi, will present a speech on “Epilepsy lurking within elderly dementia patients”. Several other talks will also be offered.
Though attendance is free, those who wish to attend the informative speeches, please please let us know your name, city (ward) of residence, and number of people joining you.
– “Does epilepsy happen past the age of 50?”
(Department of Mental Science, Aichi Medical University, Prof. Kouseke Kanemoto)
– “Even at this age, Is it better or not to receive epilepsy?”
(Department of Neurosurgery, Nagoya University, Prof. Satoshi Maezawa)
– “Dementia and epilepsy (Dr. & Director of Clinic, Toshihiko Fukuchi)
After the lectures, we will provide a consultation corner, so please tell us of your interest at the upon entrance at the reception.