FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where does the money that we raise for the walk go?
Each walker is asked to raise money from friends and family, coworkers, business acquaintances, association members, etc. The money that is raised each year will be used to fund the valuable education and advocacy efforts of The Anita Kaufmann Foundation. To learn more about our programs, visit http://www.purpledayeveryday.org
2. Do I have to raise money to participate in the walk?
No, however we rely upon valued walk participants and donors across the country to fund advocacy and education programs like the Heads Up For Vets Program! movement. Raising funds through the walk is a great way to make a difference in the lives of our honored Veterans. – See more at: http://akfus.org/programs/veterans-program
3. Do you accept employer-matching donations?
Yes, talk to your human resources department to find out if your company has matching gift program.
4. Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes, all donations to AKF are tax-deductible.
5. Can I still fundraise if I can’t attend the walk?
Of course! You can choose to sign up as a “Virtual Walker” when you register. This means that even though you won’t be walking in person, you’ll still run a fundraising campaign and virtually “walk” to support AKF.
6. How can I participate in the walk if I am not with a team or company?
Anyone can participate in the walk, whether you are walking alone, with a team or with your company.
7. Is there any special recognition for those who have lost their lives due to epilepsy and seizures?
Yes, please send the complete name and a photo of the person you wish to recognize to firstname.lastname@example.org. Their picture and name will be highlighted on Mall of America’s Jumbotron in the Rotunda during the events of the day.
8. How/where do I turn in any cash and check donations?
You can visit here to donate on line: https://secure.donationpay.org/purpledayeveryday/
You can mail your donation here: The Anita Kaufmann Foundation
PO Box 11
New Milford, NJ 07646
EPILEPSY FOUNDATION OF MINNESOTA