This year our “Purple Day® For Epilepsy Around the World” will blend family fun with important information about epilepsy at every turn. Activities will begin at the Disney’s Contemporary Resort® / Fantasia Ballrooms H-Q, with refreshments to share with our guests – Mickey and Minnie! Other characters will be on hand for photos. There will be happenings for the kiddos and giveaways. A surprise keynote speaker will be on hand to share a story and a bit of wisdom. People and organizations from all over the US will be there with information and resources. The day will end with a visit to Epcot® where we can all watch together as Spaceship Earth turns purple for epilepsy awareness.
Registered event guests who would like to meet at Epcot for the Spaceship Earth lighting without paying for a Disney Park ticket will need to:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and the names of everyone in their party no later than 3/1/19.
- Be at the Epcot gate no earlier than 7:45 pm the evening of the event (3/10/19) to meet our Disney guides.
- ONLY those who have pre-registered to enter Epcot for the photo without a park ticket will be escorted into the park.
The Schedule of Events
I. The Contemporary Resort® – 9:30 am till 11:30 am
Register at the Contemporary Resort at 9:30 am and…
- Pick up your swag bag and fill them with goodies
- Pick up your ticket to win a $250.00 prize at the Spaceship Earth Lighting
- Pick up your purple wristband and you can follow escorts into Epcot without a park ticket at dusk for just the lighting
Then join us for…
- Fun Family Activities for the Kids
- Guest Appearances by Mickey and Minnie
- Meet Buzz Lightyear
- The arrival of the MediKidz® and take home one their Free Comic Books
- Epilepsy Information and Resources
- Motivational Speakers
AND A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM OUT OF THIS WORLD!
II. Epcot® – 7:45 pm
Join us at Epcot for…
- The purple lighting of Spaceship Earth!
- Your chance to win a $250.00 prize! Must be there to win it.
Join the magic!